Friday, February 26, 2010

i. want. CHOCOLATE!

When I made my 2010 New Year's resolution, I really felt like my true New Year's commitment was becoming a better person, inside and out.  I know I said that I would like to eat healthy and exercise, which in turn would help me lose weight, but there was a deeper commitment that I felt needed to be made.  Once I announce to the internet world my resolution/goal, it would be hard for me to go back on that.  The internet is my accountability partner....millions of accountability partners.

So the decision was made for my 2010 resolution.  And here we are almost 2 months into the new year and I am down 5.5 pounds.  A tiny mirable as I like to see it. 

Then I thought to myself...Leslie, maybe you should try to have better hygiene too.  I know that sounds gross and yes, I keep myself "up".  What I mean by that is actually flossing my teeth, using mouthwash, taking multi-vitamins, and using lotion on my dry hands.  I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it is something that I haven't been doing a lot of in the past.  Just doing the simplest of tasks can really change your future.  I am happy to report that I am at least attempting to keep up with my new hygiene habits.

As if all of the above hasn't been enough for me to focus on, I have really challenged myself.  I have given up sweets for Lent.  I have personally never participated in the religious practice of Lent, but I felt this year I could/needed to do it.  So no candy, cookies, ice cream, cake, brownies....and NO chocolate!  Am I crazy?  sure.  possibly.  ummm, yes.  Can it be done?  You're darn tootin'! 

With every little thing I have challenged myself with in 2010, I have felt God's support.  I know that none of the above can be done without Him, and He is the only One who can change me for the better.  "I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13  He gives me the motivation to push through and remember my commitments to myself.  Not only are they commitments to me, but they are commitments to Him.  He has given me this body on loan and it's my responsibilty to take care of it.  How can I do that if I don't maintain the daily routines?

I may have made a handful of outer resolutions, but I know that the greatest change in 2010 will be the one He makes within me.

No comments: