Tuesday, February 2, 2010

making the dream a reality

I guess you could call me a dreamer rather than a dream chaser.  I haven't been as proactive as I should be when it comes to chasing after my dreams.  Well, that's not completely true:
-In high school I had two dreams:  graduate with a 4.5 GPA and become apart of the CCHS Chamber Choir.  Results:  I graduated high school with a 4.375 GPA.  That's not exactly a 4.5, but it's still very good.  My senior year I became apart of the Chamber Choir after 3 rounds of auditions.
-When I was 4, I pictured myself being an Auburn Tiger Paw.  (That was my reason for wanting to go to Auburn as a little girl.)  Result:  I am not a very good dancer or athleticly inclined so no to the Tiger Paws.  I was (obviously) accepted to Auburn.


I guess it' hard to chase after dreams if I don't have very many.  I have always been realistic when it came to making dreams/goals for myself.  What is the point in dreaming big if it will more than likely never happen? 

On January 9, 2010 I began my journey to become a professional organizer.  My aunt, Jane, has so grciously opened her home to be my "model" home.  I wasn't expecting this job to be such hard work, but after spending 5 hours organizing, I was sore the next day.  5 hours...wow...that is a lot.  And yes, it is.  5 hours of removing every last thing from all the cabinets.  Then sorting the junk, er, stuff into various piles (keep, trash, donation).  After that, comes the organization meaning putting everything back which makes the most sense in usefulness.  It's a lot harder than it sounds.  I have this science in my head, and it might only make sense to me. 

The below pictures are "Before" and "After" shots of Jane's kitchen.  Please remember this is my first job so I am working with a $0 budget.  Plus this room took me total 6 to 7 hours to transform (2 days).

first day on the job as a pro organizer with my assistant, Tyson.  :)


Enjoy...

The "Before" is first followed by the "After"

pantry #1

                                                                                        
pantry #2


medicine cabinet

cup cabinet

underneath storage

"under the sink" cleaning cabinet



countertop

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good job! Looks AMAZING. My pantry is now officially jealous.