Monday, February 22, 2010

2 month deadline?! are we nuts?

This past weekend Daniel and I were discussing our next at-home project.  When we moved into our house, we decided that the inside would take priority over the outside.  That was a smart move, because my OCD would have set in BIG time if we had been any slower in cleaning/organizing/packing away all of the inside stuff.  (Just between you and me:  the garage is still driving me bonkers.  But out of sight, out of mind, right?)

So up next...the outside!  I think our main focus will be the backyard as opposed to the front.  The front is in good condition and presentable to the neightborhood.  Daniel has a vision for the front yard, but it has been deeply surpressed by the back yard's need for care. 

Our vision is simple:  nice and relaxing with a splash of color.  So maybe I added in the color part, but what would the back yard be without color?  I mean this is part my back yard too even though Daniel has "final" say.  His vision is great!  I just know that it will take a lot of time and hard work before it will be complete.  And did I mention money too? 

I keep envisioning those makeover backyard HGTV shows.  Now it won't be near that professional looking but I am exicted to see what Daniel has in mind.  And our deadline?  yep, it's May.  We have decided to host (if she will still let us) Jane's retirement party. 

I am not supposed to give details about what we are planning on doing, but it will be drastic.  My number one concern is Tyson.  He has already uprooted a rose bush that Daniel planted after we had moved in.  You should have seen Tyson drag that bush from one side of the yard to the other.  Jackson just sat and watched him do it.  Guess he wasn't about to get in trouble for what Tyson had done.

No comments: