Friday, February 5, 2010

why can't I have free time to be creative?

Since searching and buying a house, I have become highly interested in interior decorating.  The thing that has grabbed my attention the most is turning yard sale/thrift store finds into beautifully decorative items.  How do these people do it?  And where do they find the time to do it?

My conclusion:  they are stay-at-home wives/moms.  ::jealous::  How great would it be if I could go around town all day searching for trash to turn into my own personal treasure?  I am pretty sure we would need a bigger house within the first year of my new job. 

And speaking of a bigger/newer house...ummm, yeah.  I want one.  But more than anything, I want to be able to design my new and bigger house.  I have seen LOTS of HGTV shows and magazines and websites of the perfect kitchen, laundry room, bedroom, bathroom, mudroom, front porch, etc.  Yeah, I think for our next house I will have be extremely picky about the design, layout, and square footage.

Now do NOT get me wrong.  I LOVE our house.  I mean I LOVE it with a captial L-O-V-E.  It is so precious and a great first time home.  I love everything about it, but are there some things that I have learned that I would change or update for next time?  sure. 

I love going home to our grayish-blue living room.  It is so trendy right now that is almost scares me.  When I envisioned our living room I wasn't basing it off what the "in" colors were.  Not at all.  I was basing it on how different and yet classy it would look.  I am hoping that my original plan of different and classy doesn't fade with the trend. 

And then my green kitchen with navy blue countertops.  uh, yes, navy blue.  It definitely was one of the downfalls to buying the house.  But now...oh but now...it really does add character to the kitchen.  I have used an Auburn platter (given to me by Sis) as the inspiration for the kitchen.  There are 2 dominate colors (green apple and navy blue), 2 primary colors (bright yellow and orange), and 2 highlight colors (brown and black).  I mean I can even live with gold cabinet knobs since everything ties in together so well. 

So I guess no new house is on the horizon and thank goodness! I have just found a spot for almost everything since we moved in at the end of last May.  I might like to stay put for a while.

If you are the "non-jealous of other people's houses and creativity" type, then check out some of the newly posted blogs to the right.  My guess is that you will not stay non-jealous for long.

No comments: