Sunday, January 2, 2011

time for new resolutions

Happy New Year!  It's hard to believe the holidays have come and gone again.  It didn't feel like Christmas one bit either probably because I was consumed with work that I couldn't think about anything else.  Not good...

So that brings me to my first resolution for 2011:  do NOT stress over things that aren't in your control and understand that there are more important things to worry about besides my own petty worries.  This resolution alone will be a HUGE task.  I have always been a "worry wart" ever since I was in elementary school.  I was the nerd who did both even and odd numbers of the Math assignment...not becase I wasn't sure if it was one or the other, but I trust the teacher to stick to her own assignment.  Maybe that is why I love Math so much these days...because I always did double the homework.

...which brings me to my next resoltuion for 2011:  document total savings throughout the year with my grocery shopping.  Dorky?  yes.  A waste of time?  I don't think so.  This will be a great way to see how much we are spending per week.  I started a goal back in October-ish to keep the grocery bill under $50.  We were able to keep it around the $50 mark if I can remember my averages correctly.  And soemthing else super-dorky of me is that I found (via internet..you are wonderful) a spreadsheet already in the savings format!  I don't even have to create one myself.  I am super excited about it!  I will actually begin tomorrow with our first grocery trip of 2011.

and with food comes my final resolution:  slim and tone up.  Not really that shocking of a resolution because that is the #1 resolution on 99.9% of people's lists.  I know it is lame to say it, but for me if I don't vocalize it to the blog world then I will never do it.  Please keep me accountable in this department.

As far as last year's resolution went, I think it was pretty successful.  We have slacked BIG time as the year progressed from eating healthy to eating junk.  I blame the holidays and being busy for that.  My underlying 2010 resolution was to lose 10 pounds before the end of May.  I didn't quite lose that much, but as I recall I lost about 4-6 pounds before then.  Then I gained some more weight due to my promotion and now I am back down again.  After my severe acid reflux attack, I am now down about 8 pounds from last January 1.  YAY!  That is a great victory for me.  I hope that the 8 pound drop will be motivation to get back down to my wedding weight, which means losing another 6-8 pounds. 

I wish everyone a very happy new year and stick to those resolutions no matter how challenging it may become.  As always I will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: