Friday, January 14, 2011

2 weeks in...

We are 2 weeks into 2011 and have I kept my resolutions thus far?  Sure have!

My stress level has decreased significantly since January 1.  I am not saying that it has been easy in the least.  It is hard to change what I have always been.  It is for the best though.  I attribute this horrible acid reflux to my 26 years of worrying over pointless things.  There's really no need to worry about things that I have no control over anyway.  It doesn't help solve the problem and instead it creates a new (health-related) one.  Lesson is slowly getting learned:  no more worries/stressing out, Leslie.

2 grocery trips down in oh-11.  One trip was slightly over the $50 budget and the other was slightly under.  Combined we spent $94.15, which is $5.85 under budget for the year!  YAY!  You can't tell me that you aren't impressed with my budgeting skills.  To go a step further, we saved close to 55% with both trips.  Now that is impressive too.  Not only are we keeping to the budget, but we are saving more than we spend.  I hope to increase our savings even more throughout the year.  Can it be done?  Sure can.  How much time will I have to spend in order to get there?  oh gosh...who knows.

Honestly, I haven't been keeping as close watch with my weight as I have with my grocery shopping.  I was paid a compliment today by my co-worker asking me what I have been doing to lose weight.  And my response is nothing.  I have been keeping a watchful eye on my weight by using the scales at work (which I LOVE!)  My wii scales always say I weigh about 4 to 6 pounds more than the scales at work.  weird.  When I weighed myself today at work, it read that I am exactly 10 pounds lighter this time this year than I was back in oh-10.  Huge success!  It's not over yet.  The year is just beginning and swimsuit season is closer than it has ever been. 

No comments: