Wednesday, April 7, 2010

new project: Barkley clothing

I have been doing a lot of thinking as of lately about what it means to have a little girl dog.  I have always wanted a little girl dog who I could tote around and dress up.  You might think, "Leslie, that is what having kids is like."  True, but a little girl dog is my gradual transition into having kids.  If too much change happens at once, I tend to freak out and become overly stressed out about my new life.  Just ask Daniel about when we went from one dog to two living in an apartment.  I had a small freak-out/overwhelemed session when Tyson wouldn't cooperate like Jackson.  I was used to Jackson being the perfect angel that I didn't realize that not all dogs are as calm and sweet as Jackson was as a puppy.  Thankfully, Tyson has turned into a great dog.  He never pees or poops in the house, because he knows that he will get a spanking and yelled at.  He is very much the people-pleaser dog.

Anyways...back to Barkley.  She is my test-run for kids.  Not that Jackson and Tyson haven't been treated like our babies, because they have.  They are our sons, but they aren't as needy as Barkley seems to be.  We have mastered the boy-side, now we are testing out the girl-side.  Gotta be ready for whatever God decides to give us.

I have been doing some research on little dog clothing and wow!  Can we say expensive?!  $20 for a little x-small tutu!  oh, please.  So my new project is to make Barkley precious clothes.  A trip to Hobby Lobby should seal the deal on my goal of making inexpensive dog clothing.  My first project:  a little tutu with a matching bow.  How hard can that be? 

Stay tuned for a blog post on either successfully making or failing miserably.

No comments: