Tuesday, April 20, 2010

getting paid to shop, or something similar

Today on my lunch break I headed to Publix to catch some of the deals that were expiring today.

On my list-
2 boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats (strawberry...yum!)-BOGOF
2 cans of Scrubbing Bubbles-BOGOF
Scrubbing Bubbles toilet gel
Scrubbing Bubbles 2 in 1 brush kit
Dentyne gum-BOGOF
2 birthday cards

I love collecting cleaning supplies!

My spending grand total was $10.02.  Not too bad for everything listed above.  And now...for the savings:  $23.89!  That is a savings of 70.45%!

How does that even happen?  Let me break it down:
I already saved money with the cereal, gum, and cans of SB being buy one get one free.  Now it's time to stack the coupons.  I had two $1 off coupons for the cereal.  Then I had three coupons for the cans of SB:  one $2 off Publix coupon and two $0.75 off manufacturer coupons.  I had a "buy SB toilet gels, and get a SB 2 in1 brush kit free" coupon.  The brush kit was regularly $5.99, but it was free with that coupon.  Then I had three $1 off coupons for the SB toilet gel.  That brings my coupon total to $14.49.....just in coupons!

Plus I can't forget to mention that I have an SC Johnson $5 rebate for buying 3 of their products.  Boo-ya!  Even more savings!

If you are thrifty and patient, you can start saving 70%, but it's not easy.  And don't get frustrated.

No comments: