Thursday, October 15, 2009

my addiction to Vera Bradley

It has taken me a couple of years to grow a fond obsession with Vera Bradley and everything she has to offer me.  I wish I was rich enough to collect all pieces in all patterns that I think are precious!  Alas, I am not rich.  (shocked?)  Furthermore, I would LOVE my house to be like the Vera Bradley stores.  I am not talking about the retailers that carry VB along with other merchandise.  I mean a true VB store like the one at the Summit.  I think Daniel would have a veto on that idea before I could mention the words:  bright pink/salmon walls. 

I guess I must dream about living in a VB covered house.  The closest we have come to letting VB decorate our house is the mention of a new foyer rug.  Granted I have to keep within my color palette so no baby blues, purples, or pinks.  I think it would go quite nicely at our entrance way...


After this season's new patterns emerged, I feel deeply in love with paprika.  It's the perfect color for fall.  And reminds me of the burnt orange that I love so much especially paired with navy blue.  :)



This pattern created an overwhelming urge to go to the Vera Bradley store and purchase a cute fall purse.  So what did Daniel get me as part of my anniversary gift?  A gift card to VB!  (Score!)   After a hurried decision (because we only had a few minutes before our dinner reservations at The Melting Pot) I picked the Saddle Up style.  It is quite small compared to my typical hobo style purse.  I really do like it...a lot!  I have one setback though...does it look too much like a diaper bag?


And before I could leave the store, I had to get a brush and pencil bag and a large cosemtic that was only $10!  I couldn't pass up that great deal:  typically $24 on sale for $10.  uh, yes, please!

After dealing with a fever yesterday and STILL feeling like poop today, I had to get out on my lunch break.  The weather was icky, but when is it not these days?  Are we living in Seattle?  I might need to go there just to dry out. 

So where did I decide to go on my lunch break?  You guessed it...The VB store!  I think I see 10 new items everytime I go there.  This time a lovely decorated dry erase board caught my eye.  Now is this something that I need?  Of course not.  Is it something that will look fabulous in our new "Command Station" in the kitchen?  uh, YES!  It will add just that special touch to the command station that I got the inspiration from the Southern Living magazine.  Granted the command station is geared towards trying to help a mom with at least 2 kids stay organized, but I am a mom of 2 dogs.  That's the same thing, right?  Plus I have Daniel and he is like a big kid.  I think that justifies my having a command station in our kitchen.

Side note:  A command station is a place where you have a calendar, To Do lists, kids' artwork, photos, and other things of that nature to live at the end of your cabinets.  I used some cork board that I had leftover from college as the "back board".  This way I can pin things up instead of taping them straight to the cabinets.  I will get ribbon to create a border for the cork board to have a complete look.  I also need a calendar for our numerous events.  (ha!  what events?)  The new dry erase board will be our new To Do list.  I think it matches well with our kitchen.

Once I have the command station finalized, I will definitely post pictures.

Am I going a bit overboard with Vera Bradley?

....neh.

And you are more than welcome to feed my addiction.  I take cash, checks, and VB gift cards.


No comments: