Thursday, October 8, 2009

happy half birthday to me!

I think every October I say to myself, "Self, where has the year gone?!"  Do the years seem to fly by faster and faster?  Am I the only one who feels this way?

Typically I am ready for the holidays and will welcome them with my arms wide open.  However, this year is a different story.  I am pooped. 

This year has been nothing but "go, go, go" and "do this and that".  I need a break, people!  And I am not going to lie.  I think I secretly should have been an only child for this very reason:  I have to have my alone/chill out/me time.  It stresses me out to be around a lot of people for any extended length of time, whether it's family, friends, or strangers.  I never knew that I enjoyed being by myself as much as I did until I was in college especially during my senior year.  I would have movie night by myself some nights.  It was a great way for me to relax and enjoy something that I wanted to watch.  I have always considered myself a shy person, but I really am intraverted.  The moral of this mini-story:  Don't be offended if I need to get away/be at home after being around people.  The holidays always bring out that side of me.

Maybe I can rest in the new year?  Extremely doubtful.

Oh yeah, today is my half birthday, which means I am half way between 25 and 26.  Wow.  Am I suppose to be this old?  I still feel like I am 21 or 22 most days.  And my parents definitely still think of me as being 15 or 16.

Speaking of birthdays, Sissy has one coming on on the 21st.  She will be 24!  yikes!  I remember turning 24 just a couple of years ago.  She is trying to catch up with me.

...and I will said it again:  Where does the time go?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually...this parent thinks of you as being somewhere around 65ish......very elderly acting lately! Nope, don't think of you as being 15 or 16 at all! :)

J said...

i say anyone who celebrates a half birthday is about 6. just sayin'.

Leslie said...

hahaha. I just saw these comments.

Mamski-sometimes I feel 65ish.
Janetter-I know you secretly celebrate half birthdays too.

and thanks for commenting.