Friday, October 23, 2009

the fall air

Other than making curtains and buying VB, the fall season is quickly getting from me.  I haven't truly taken advantage of the weekends like I would like.  Don't get me wrong:  I have been taking advantage of sleeping in as much as I can.  You are NEVER going to see pass up that opportunity unless something is seriously wrong.

While I slept, spent, and created, Daniel has taken advantage of the open season.  It started last Thursday, which the only way I remember is that his anniversary present delivered.  His anniversary gift from me was a new hunting bow...how apporpriate.  Before you get any ideas, I don't know any other details.  He actually ordered it himself.  Wasn't that sweet of me?  I told him my money amount to him and he did the picking out.  It worked out for the best since I have NO idea about hunting stuff.

To celebrate his gift and open season, Daniel and his friend, Renan, went hunting both Saturday and Sunday mornings.  They were so precious in their camo gear.  I need to take a picture of Daniel in his outfit and new toy.  I can already hear the bickering about taking that picture. 

The weekends to Thanksgiving and Christmas are disappearing.  Thankfully I started our Christmas shopping during the summer.  I picked up a few items here and there, but nothing big...until this past Wednesday.  I love being able to find great gfits for people at an expensive price.  It kills me to have to buy something at full price...no matter what it is.  Gift-buying is no different.  Why would I spend full price on a gift and max out on that one item?  I like giving people a sack full of goodies (just like Santa).

No comments: