Thursday, September 30, 2010

time for a re-do

It is time...
time for a re-do.

I have gone long enough in our bright mustard colored master bedroom.  In fact, that isn't even the color that I wanted.  The paint chip was definitely NOT that bright or yellow.  It was quite mute compared to the paint being on the wall.  I wanted something more brown.  Guess I have learned my lesson in picking out paint.

My next vision for our master bedroom is something a lot more quiet and relaxing.  I see either a pale blue or light tan on the walls.  The comforter is going to be along the lines of ivory, khaki, or tan with some accent throw pillows.  I have already ordered the euro shams from Restoration Hardware for a third of the original price.  In fact, they are going to be my inspiration for the bedroom since I can't seem to find a picture of my dream bedroom.  The only picture that I have is in my head and sometimes that picture can be blurry.

I am planning on making curtains for the windows instead of having valances.  Our bedroom is on the east side of the house so it is bright too early in the morning especially on the weekends.  I guess you can see why the bright mustard paint isn't working now.  It is like waking up on the surface of the sun.  My sleep mask is bearly doing it's job:  keeping any hint of light off my eye-balls.

We recently upgraded to a king-sized bed (recall my stories here and then here) and felt like it is time for a more "grown-up" style.  Just to be honest, I would LOVE to rearrange the furniture for the make-over, but the someone who I am married to doesn't want to do that.  Now just answer me this:  how can I fully complete my master bedroom makeover if I can't even rearrange the furniture as it is laid out in my head?  ugh, frustrating.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Hooray! I never really understood the color choice.....glad it was a mistake! :)
Let me know if you need me to nudge Daniel to help you re-arrange! He will love the new room and so will you! Congrats! :)

J said...

next time daniel is out of town, call me and we can do whatever you want with the furniture!
and, i am sorta glad the paint color is being changed as well. i loved the "waking up on the surface of the sun" line.