Sunday, October 3, 2010

why are health resoltuions so hard to keep?

I guess you could say that I am on my 3rd attempt to lose 10 pounds since January 1st.  I started back up my working out today.  Yesterday I bought my 2nd work-out dvd since the 30 Day Shred was kicking my tail.  I ultimately gave up once I reach level 2. 

Yes, Jillian Michaels, you are hard to workout with!  I can't keep up with you no matter how short of a time it is.  With that said, it doesn't mean that I have abandoned you completely.  I just won't be seeing you every day.

My 2nd work-out dvd is a dancing dvd with Julianne Hough.  I am learning the cha-cha, jive, and paso.  And can I just say that I am completely disgusted with Julianne?  Well, I am.  There is no way that I will ever be that slinder even if I became a celebrity and did nothing but workout 24/7.  Glad that is off my chest.  Now on to my personal critics about my dancing...

Um, it's not good.  My coordination is highly lacking, but I was able to somewhat keep up with the "proper" dancesteps with the jive.  How in the world do people have their arms and legs do those things so easily?

Before I was 16, I always had a fear of not being able to drive a car since my coordination was so bad.  I even remember my mother making a statement along those lines.  Thankfully, I can drive pretty dang well so I am just hoping that I can "get the hang out of this" pretty soon.  And don't ask Daniel to show you the recording on his phone of my first dance lesson.  I am not happy about that.

I will say that I have managed to lose the 4 pounds that I gained back since the end of May so I am at net 6 since January 1.  Just those pesky 4 pounds left to lose.  C'mon, Julianne.  I am counting on your skinny ass, flat stomach, and slinder legs to melt these 4 pounds off my flabby bones.

1 comment:

J said...

i need to see the video.
good luck.
jillian who? (my shred fell short). i didn't give it a fighting chance, but i didn't really enjoy it. at all.