Saturday, August 21, 2010

30 day shred

The end of May has come and gone and sadly I did not meet my resolution goal.  I got down 6 pounds, but the last 4 were extremely hard to lose.  Basically I just gave up.  In the meantime, I have gained 4 back so I am still net 2 for the year.  Some people think that is a win, but for me it is a complete fail.  I am on track for gaining the 2 back plus more before the end of the year.  Then I will be back to where I started the first of the year.  It's time for a change...

For the past few weeks, my co-worker, Erika, has been saying she wanted to lose some weight.  Her birthday and a beach trip are coming up so she wanted to use those events as motivation.  She brought a couple of her work-out dvd's to work yesterday to show us just how intense they are.  After seeing The Biggest Loser workout, I set my eyes on the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels:  20 minute workouts everyday.  Not too bad, I thought.  So we decided to start the dvd together; a buddy system really is the best way to go.  We set our start date for tomorrow, Sunday the 22nd. 

I have to confess, though, I started it today.  I have been SUPERLY lazy tired recently and I know it's from not proper exercise.  I hope that my workout today will help my sleeping tonight to improve.  I know that I slept great during the first half of the year.  It has to be the workout! 

We will see where this takes me.  I am not setting a goal of "I want to lose this amount of weight" or "I want to wear this size clothing".  I simply want to do the 30 Day Shred and take a look at the results afterwards.  This is my pressure-free work-out routine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've inspired me. i just ordered the 30 day shred. it should be here maybe in a week. so...you'll be a little ahead of me.
good luck!

this is jane. i don't know my google name or password apparently.

Leslie said...

We can do it together too, Jane! I just finished with my day 2 and how I am sweating. Thank goodness it's only 20 minutes!

good luck!