Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009 Recap

It never fails to feel like Christmas until the day after especially since graduating from college.  Does this mean I am getting old?  eh, probably.  I guess, that's life.

The Todd's 2nd Christmas together was quite enjoyable.  Since we spent Thanksgiving at the beach this year, we spent Christmas Eve and Day with Daniel's mom's side.  It's funny how God works.  Last year we did the opposite:  Thanksgiving in Maylene and Christmas at the beach.  With everything that happened over the past couple of weeks, we were both glad to stay in town and spend time with his side.

Friday, December 18th Sis, Mamski, and Dad came over for the Brindley Christmas gift swap.  It was super fun and we ordered Hungry Howie's (one of mom's favs).  It was good to spend time with them since it has been and will be harder to get the 6 of us together.  I am sad to say that we missed Josh not being there.  He was there in spirit though.  The next day (Saturday, December 19th) was the Schmitt Christmas at Granmolli and Granddaddy's house.  Our family is gorwing and adding new members by marriage and birth every year.  It's hard to believe that Sis and I don't necessarily have to sit in the kitchen nook anymore since we are older now.  The nook is reserved for the newest generation.

Monday, December 21st Daniel, Mamski, Jane, Rhiannon, and I went to the airport to wish Sissy a safe flight to Germany.  She officially moved there on a temporary basis.  Everyone did very well with keeping it together until it was time to say our good-byes.  Thankfully, we can skype with her so missing her hasn't been too bad.

Thursday, December 24th we spent the day cleaning and other various tasks.  I finally finished with both of the dogs' Christmas fleece blankets.  I decided that it would be a great idea to make each dog their very own fleece blanket.  They are used to sleeping on one of our good blankets at night.  I was tired of having it smell like dog and not being able to use it for myself.  After hours of hard work, I finished both blankets and they are super cute!  Jackson may love his more than Tyson does, but it's okay.  They are both being used and I have my blanket back.  Christmas Eve night we ate supper at Uncle Tommy and Lynda's house. 

Friday, December 25th we woke up to Santa having been at our house.  The dogs laid around on their blankets while playing with some of their new toys.  Daniel surprised me (like he always does) with more gifts than I had purchased for him.  Our plan was our new bedroom tv was our Christmas gift to each other.  Obviously Dnaiel didn't think that was enough so he managed to give me a new watch, how to speak German, Germany travel book, and lots of candy.  After getting ready, we went over to his mom's house for breakfast.  That night everyone came over to our house for "homemade" lasagna.

The sad part about this Christmas is that Daniel and I did not get one picture together.  I am sad about that.

No comments: