Tuesday, February 15, 2011

my pre-season ritual

The start (or should I say before the birth) of every new season (ie spring and fall) I buy a new purse.  Always.  And.  Forever.  This is how it is.  So there shouldn't be any "big" surprises (at least to Daniel) that I am getting a new purse somewhere around February/March and August/September. 

Just finding the RIGHT purse is never an easy task.  I find myself saying this a lot:  "I like the style, but if only it was in another color..."  Or how about this phrase "I like the color(s), but if it only was a little bigger".  I can pretty much find something wrong with just about any purse to talk myself out of buying it.  I always know when I have met "the purse of the season".  Daniel says that I get REALLY excited and a special "glow" comes over me.  I guess he must know firsthand since that is how I am every time that I see him.  (I know...gag...gross...barf.)  But all I can say to that is ;) 

Anyways back to my purse of the Spring/Summer 2011 seasons.  This might be the first time in the HISTORY when I really like TWO (yes, 2) purses.  Take a gander......

Purse #1
Meet Juicy Couture Dots Tote.  It's hard to tell but it is pink (not red) (not in one MILLION years red) polka dots.  It's very flrty, fresh, and fun.  Kinda like me  (again, I know gag, gross, barf.)  I love it's simple style and shiny texture.  It is very neutral even with the tan straps.  Another great thing is how big it is.  It is definitely the bigger of the 2 and the bigger the better.  (That's what she said.)  These days if I can't carry an umbrella with ease inside my purse with all of the crap, then it just isn't making the cut.





Purse #2
Meet Fossil Key-Per Shopper.  I actually own this EXACT style purse except in fallish colors.  I absolutely fell IN LOVE with this style.  It does have a slight drawback:  it looks really roomy, but it is hard to fit all that I have PLUS an umbrella.  I really love this print/pattern as well.  It is very neutral and yet not really.  It does have a nice "new" feature" from my current Fossil style:  the zipper on the front.  Now that is nice.  Plus I know my wallet will match since it is salmon-colored.  :) 

So I need your help...Which one should I get? 

2 comments:

J said...

the second one. definitely!

silly swancey's said...

#1 Juicy fo sho!