Monday, January 18, 2010

keeping my promise

2010 is already 1/24th complete and it really doesn't feel any different from 2009.  Lots of my facebook friends have commented about how great 2010 is and will be.  I am just not there yet.  Am I missing something?

My resolution is well under way and it feels nice to eat "healthier" again.  One vegetable and a salad are required for every dinner.  I have drastically reduced my sweet intake.  I don't feel like I need to eat a huge bowl of ice cream after dinner every night.  The key is learning to control myself once my stomach is full.  It hasn't been easy especially since Daniel continues that habit to some extent. 

My hardest hurdle to overcome is realizing that I am a girl and I can't afford to continue eating like a growing teenage boy.  Those days are the past and I miss them tremendously.  I remember when I was about 15 Mom said that when it came to food consumption that she felt like she had a teenage son by the way that I used to eat.  She actually thought she would dodge the bullet by not having to feed growing teenage boys mouths, but then I became a teenager.  She was gravely mistaken.  I could out eat most of my boyfriends during high school.  And I am fairly certain that I can outeat Daniel.  Oh heck...I have done that plenty of times already.  He is no match for my stomach.

With the eating healthier has come exercising.  A little over a week ago, we bought The Biggest Loser for wii and it is not joke!  It is serious exercising compared Wii Fit.  I actually broke a sweat!  And I hate sweating...blah.  I can't complain too much about it since it is working.  I have lost 2-ish pounds since breaking a sweat.  Go, me!  2 down and 8 more to go!  The bad thing is that this past Saturday I over did it.  I have had the WORST Charlie horse, ever!  My right calf muscle is so tight that it feels like a brick.  And you know that I can barely walk too.  This injury is not good since it is restraining me from exercising.

No comments: