Thursday, November 18, 2010

a simple request

Dear Mother Nature/The Keeper of the Weather,

     Fall is one of my favorite times of year.  Living in the South has made me grow to appreciate that much more as I have gotten older.  I used to not really care for fall-like weather.  However, there is nothing like the cool crispness of a fall morning. 

    I have been planning for this fall season for several weeks now.  I have made multiple trips to Old Navy to update my wardrobe for this very season.  For some reason, temperatures reading in the 70's and 80's don't seem to go away.  Do you understand that we are in the mid-to-late-mid November now?  I need some cooler weather a-sap so I can wear my new sweaters, jackets, and long-sleeves. 

   Besides busting out my new clothes, I need the cooler weather to get in the holiday mood.  It just doesn't feel like Thanksgiving is next Thursday when the weather is in the 70's.  Don't get me wrong:  Thanksgiving in the 70's at the beach is totally different than Thanksgiving in Birmingham.  I don't want it to feel like beach Thanksgiving weather while not being at the beach.  There is no point in that. 

   My simple request is a slight drop in the temperature; nothing too major.  I like the 30's at the night and 50's during the day.  If there is any way that you could make that happen for me, I will forever be grateful.

Sincerely,
Leslie B. Todd

2 comments:

Shari said...

Thanksgiving and Christmas at the beach with temps in the 70s is wonderful! I do agree! Hopefully, that is the way it will stay for awhile here! I am so not ready for "cold" weather!
Just be sure to keep all that "cooler" temperature in Alabama!
:)

J said...

mother nature/keeper of the weather????

who are you now, oprah???