Wednesday, May 5, 2010

not for the happy people

Can this entire post be nothing but things that are currently bothering me?  Oh, sure it can, because it is my blog.  So if you are anti-"Debby Downers", then stop reading.  I need to vent.

Yesterday I got home and found out that our computer had a virus.  UGH!  not good.  Thankfully, Daniel was able to rid the virus, but EVERYTHING was lost.  and unretrievable.  And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING!  Nothing is left.  After I felt like puking, I wanted to cry.  I still want to cry!  I had just gotten done orgaizing all of our pictures into cute little folders.  Everything was so neat and perfectly organized.  It was simply Leslie.  So those are gone.  And all of our documents are gone.  And my iTunes is gone.  We have a back-up external hard drive, but it hasn't backed up the computer in almost a year.  So not everything is a complete loss.  I am really upset because our backyard makeover pictures are lost.  There will be no dramatic before's and after's.  And most of my organizing Jane's house is gone as well.  (Is there a puke bucket close?)  Daniel and I learned a valuable lesson:  Back up everything at least every day. 

Today Sis and Josh head back to Germany.  Six weeks is longer talked about than it is actually lived.  Her time here flew by and Josh only stayed for a couple of weeks, but his stay flew as well.  We had some good times while she was here.  No fights too big.  We just wouldn't be Leslie and Sissy if we didn't argue about something.  I am glad that they were able to come.  There are more talks about their coming back in August.  Until then, I will miss them. 

Why are some people so different?  This is something that Sis and I were actually talking about one afternoon.  How can some people be so completely rude and impersonable?  Does this stem back to their upbringing?  not entirely true.  Do friends play a role in how you will treat others?  possibly.  Are people just born with a rude gene?  I would say yes, but I need to form a formal hypothisis.  It's hard to be nice to others when all they ever do is keep proving my research to be correct.  It's like no matter how sweet I try to be, there's no way that I will ever catch those bees.  Maybe my "honey" isn't sweet enough, or just has a bad flavor.  Whatever the case may be, apparently I need to learn to move on.  I am not the one with the rudeness problem, but they are.  And they will realize one day, just how close we could be, but aren't.  Will that change them then?  Who knows, but by the time that happens, I will be the impersonable one to them. 

2 comments:

silly swancey's said...

chica! so so sorry that you lost everything. know that sick feeling.

and i hope i wasn't one of the "rude" people with my insensitive "get a mac" comment on fb. i'm just in love with macs and after our dell's crashed a ton of times, i will never go back. another site i want to look into is kriptonite.com or something, an online backup, b/c you also would have to consider theft, flood or fire damage for backup!!!

can you reverse download all your pics off of fb? or your blog? how does that all work!

love you.

Leslie said...

of course not! you definitely weren't and never have been one of those rude people.

thanks for the insight on macs. we have an external hard drive that we need to start using on a regular basis, but online back-up is smart as well. fb reverse download will be used. thankfully i have been updating that regularly.

love you!