Monday, May 24, 2010

always something

This past weekend was Jane's Retirement party hosted by the ever wonderful Daniel and Leslie.  (ha!)  And it was a blast!  I am pretty sure that Jane had a great time as well.  We had a full house and it doesn't take many people to fill it up.  I am so glad that some of Jane's co-workers were able to come and celebrate too.  The sun was shinning, and it was extremely hot.  I wish it would have been a tad bit cooler so we could have enjoyed thoroughly enjoyed the games that Joe and Betsy brought before the sun disappeared. 

The best news of all was that our backyard makeover is officially complete!  We do have one more step to do in order to fully complete it:  paint the patio and pavers.  I am happy with it being like it is for right now though.  I didn't even do an eighth of the work and I am so tired from all of the hard work that Daniel did.  He really busted it and completed it in high style.  It looks beautiful!  I hope to have pictures posted this week.

Yesterday we were completely lazy...well deserved lazy.  It felt weird not having to clean the house or work in the yard.  We had been so focused on Jane's party for so many months that when we didn't have anything to do, it made us feel like we wasted the day.  I know Daniel is thinking of the next project, but honestly I hope it is nothing expensive or hard to do.  I don't think I (or our wallets) can take another (mentally and physically) exhausting project.

And then I started thinking of the next "inside" project.  I have my huge wall art that I need to do this summer, but before that I have another project in mind.  I went through my closet a few weeks ago and decided it was finally time to rid myself of my college AU armpit-stained T-shirts.  I had been hanging on to them because it is so hard for me to let go of something that brings back great memories.  So bye-bye, college T-shirts.  It has been nice knowing ya. 

...or so I thought.  After talking with Mom, she suggested that I not give them up.  But what was I going to do with T-shirts that I can't even wear anymore?  And that got me to thinking and searching...I could make a beach blanket out of them!  I saw a blog about someone making a beach blanket out of bandanas and I can use my T-shirts.  I have no idea how it will turn out, but as I like to say "I have a vision".  I doubt that I will be able to even start on this project before this weekend's beach trip, but hopefully by the 4th it will be complete.

1 comment:

silly swancey's said...

hey if you don't think you can do the quilt, you can pay for it on etsy!!! t shirt quilts are the bomb and unfortunately were not known about until all my tshirts went bye bye!!!