Wednesday, January 21, 2009

living each day...a minute at a time

Nothing too much is happening in the Todd household. Daniel is working and schooling. Jackson is sleeping, pooping, eating, playing, and being sweet. And I am working and sleeping. Yep, the good ol' married life has kicked in and it's quite pleasant. There's no more talk and drama about when we will see each other or who will go to who's house on what day. It's nice being about to walk into a room and poof, there he is. Anyway, enough with that.

Daniel and I have discovered that we are ready for our next "big thing": buying our first house. We found one that we both really like in Alabaster. It's older...kinda reminds me of the beach house in a way (I know MOM! don't even start.) and my grandparents' house, next door to the Brewster Road house. Of course we have only driven to it at 10 o'clock at night and it was dark and scary....because I am afraid of the dark. I think it will be a good home to look at. We haven't agreed on too many others so far. I am surprised that we even agree on one. All of that may change once we see it live and in person.

For the past day, Jackson has been really done and sick with an upset stomach. It's really not that unusual for him to throw up or have an upset stomach since it happens quite often. Usually we can pinpoint what the problem is and learn to correct it in the future. This time it was different. He was acting really funny besides his tummy hurting. He seemed lost and was sniffing everyone. It got me paranoid thinking we might have a mouse or something else that he was smelling. He would start sniffing the air and then run into a room and go to a corner and start sniffing like crazy. It was freaking me out! Daniel said something tonight that made was strange, but made sense. "Do you think he is acting this way because we took his turkey away from him?" The turkey was taken away from Jackson a day or 2 ago since he was needing surgery and I didn't feel like sewing him up right away. The place wasn't bad but I wanted to make sure that he would last longer by being in the best condition he could. We decided that the turkey wasn't a hazard to Jackson and let me tell you...you have never seen a happier dog! He is running and jumping while carrying the turkey. He loves that thing. It might just be his best friend.

No comments: