Monday, August 1, 2011

determined

It's not completely unrealistic.  I was once that before and actually saw myself differently at the time.  Looking back I see where I want to be...

thin.

For once in my life, let me be content with my weight.  Back in the day, I wasn't dissatisfied, but I didn't feel thin.  Looking back at high school pictures, I was thin...even sickly looking compared to where I am now.  I am just 15 pounds heavier which doesn't sound like too heck of a lot considering my senior year of high school started 10 years ago.  (10 years!?  10 year reunion is coming up!)  <~~~you can see my motivation, or at least part of it.

Minus 15 pounds in my ultimate goal.  My more attainable goal is my wedding weight, which is minus 7 pounds.  Now that is more realistic.  I can live with that.  I need to be thankful that I am just complaining about an extra 7 pounds since our wedding (almost 3 years ago).  It could be worse.  Plus I have already lost an additional 7 pounds since Christmas 2009.  It's hard not to pack on the pounds when I am married to a man who loves sweets and will eat at all times of the day and night.  I have always been a "social eater".  If someone is eating, I feel compelled to eat with them. 

I also think to myself:  "If they are eating pizza/brownies at midnight and can be thin, then I can too."  Being around Sissy during food time is always bad for me.  She is always hungry throughout the day and eats all the time.  Her secret to being thin?  not exercising like you would think.  It's called eat until you are full and always save room for dessert.  WHAT?  Stop eating when you are full?  Are you CRAZY?  I always eat until I am miserable.  There is no enjoying the digestion of my meals.  Plus I always eat the rest of Sissy's meal since she "wastes" it.  But is it really considered "waste" if she is forgoing those extra calories? 

Being thin just to be thin isn't my only reason for losing weight.  My migraines are getting out of control as of recently.  Not out of control as in they are occurring every day, but it is getting harder to pinpoint the cause.  Yes, stress will always be a reason since I am a high-strung person, but I am not high-strung 100% of the time.  After some research, I think my diet has a lot to do with it.  It is a fact that I eat a lot of junk and carbs.  I love bread, pasta, and eggos. 

Here's my plan:  Workout 4-5 days a week at least 20 minutes.  Eat less bread, pasta, and eggos.  Focus more on vegetables and fruit.  I even discovered some great healthy recipes.  One of them is my new favorite dish:  eggplant lasagna.  I think I like it because it is super easy to make and you can toss in all kinds of veggies.  delicious!

No comments: